From: Raoul Gough (RaoulGough_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-09 10:45:11

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]>

Well, VMS and OpenVMS prior to 7.2 (I think that's the right number, but
it's been a while now) also have a length limit around this level. From
memory, it allows 31 chars for name and 31 for extension (weird though that
is). Also, you have to do some messing around to avoid this limit even on
later OS versions - I don't think it's trivial to switch over. Don't know if
that's relevant or not (does boost support VMS?).

Regards,
Raoul Gough.