From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-09 20:30:53

Le mer 08/05/2002 à 11:27, Markus Schöpflin a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> does anyone know what happened to the format library after it was
> accepted into boost?

good question..

I uploaded the last version of code in the vault in February, as a final
submission.
It was at last MSVC compatible, and although not unanimously satisfying,
the debate was quite dead, with a last message from me on Feb 24th,
reporting 'final' submitted version, with documentation changes and
compatibility (MSVC) fixes

Ah, you then reported that it was not compatible with MSVC + STLPort,
and were proposing a change in Boost's macros along with the
corresponding fixes to format..
unfortunately I was out of spare time then, and did not react to that,
nor insisted to have the code finally accepted into boost.
I don't want to look like the guy who'll vigorously requests that his
piece of code gets accepted, and in fact I'd humbly accept all arguments
against the acceptance of format, or try my best to answer precise
improvement requests..

--
Sam