From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-10 20:33:04

Hillel,

>We are running VMS 7.3, and have currently installed the basic boost
>utility, static_assert (love that one), type traits, and smart pointer
>packages (1.27.0), with little difficulty (fortunately there are already
>compaq_cxx / common_edg / stdlib_roguewave config headers which pretty
much
>cover our VMS environment fairly well), only a few additional tweaks
>required to the user-config file (partly due to custom build environment
>limitations, on top of standard VMS C++). I have been porting boost.regex
>as a VMS shared exe over the last few days, and at _this very moment_ (no
>kidding, while I am typing this) just got the first test program to link
>successfully!!! HOORAY IT WORKS!! sweet...

Thanks for the report; it is helpful to know that DEC/VMS lives on.

It was also nice to hear that you having good results with some of the
Boost libraries. Let the developers know if you run into configuration
issues you think Boost might be able to improve.

Any other Operating Systems (beyond POSIX/*NIX/Windows/Mac/VMS) in use by
Boosters?

--Beman