From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-15 00:20:20

on 5/1/02 2:54 PM, David Seidman at david_i_seidman_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I require support for 64-bit integers in integer.hpp.
> I am using boost::int_t< numbits >::least, and I find
> that the 0 and 5 specializations for template
> int_least_helper are not implemented. When is this
> support going to be added?
>
> BTW, this library works beautifully up to 32 bits.

The lack of specializations for 0 and 5 are deliberate; we have to trap
requests larger than a "long" somehow. To get a "long long," we would have
to conditionally widen the non-implementation gaps. Also, some libraries
(like CRC) use these types for value-based template parameters, and there is
no guarantee that "long long" can be used that way.

(You're also assuming the popular mapping 64 bits -> "long long" because 32
bits -> "int" and "long". A compiler could shift "long" to a 64-bit type.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie