From: Pete Becker (petebecker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-17 12:46:27

At 12:22 PM 5/17/2002 -0500, William E. Kempf wrote:
> [...]

I don't think it's possible to design a threading library today that's
reasonably safe for use by beginners but powerful enough to be truly
useful, despite twenty years of attempts to find multi-threaded programming
models that work. Time spent trying to do that could be better spent elsewhere.

>In any event, I can't tell from this post whether or not you favor move
>semantics here. That's probably not the point of your post, but I'd still
>like to hear it.

I don't know yet.

        -- Pete

Dinkumware, Ltd.