From: Darryl Green (green_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-19 19:56:25

The move proxy is a great solution. It preserves all the good features of
the existing ScopedPointer while allowing move in a way that I don't find
any uglier than the alternatives (ok, it is uglier than the auto_ptr option,
but the auto_ptr's beauty seems to be a bit treacherous).

> (If so, I
> still question whether or not this totally resolves issues
> with needing
> lock/unlock in different "scopes").

I assume the question applies equally to the auto_ptr model? Or am I missing
something? I did think about this when looking at your original RFC, but I
couldn't think of a case it didn't deal with - not that that proves much.

> Does the above syntax work for you in this regard? If not,
> do you have any
> thoughts on how else to expose this?

It certainly does.

Darryl Green.