From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-21 05:30:21

> I can't seem to be able to compile a test program with
> the boost_regex library. I get the following error
> message:
>
> ---
> /tmp/cc9r42Gv.o: In function
> `boost::reg_expression<char,
> boost::regex_traits<char>, allocator<char>
> >::fail(unsigned int)':
> /tmp/cc9r42Gv.o(.boost::reg_expression<char,
> boost::regex_traits<char>, allocator<char>
> >::gnu.linkonce.t.fail(unsigned int)+0x4e): undefined
> reference to
> `boost::bad_expression::bad_expression(basic_string<char,
> string_char_traits<char>,
> __default_alloc_template<true, 0> > const &)'

To be honest I don't understand that error, those aren't the usual undefined
references you would expect - you are clearly linking to the regex library
OK, but are getting undefined references to *inline* functions from the
regex headers. Are there any g++ options that effect this? Did you do
anything different/unusual when you built the library?

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm