From: Tha Project (the_3_project_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-24 21:30:06

--- John Maddock <john_maddock_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> There are quite a few new problems that have arisen
> from placing template
> instances in the lib rather than in the users object
> files (these should be
> fixed real soon now). However regex with gcc should
> be absolutely fine (at
> least for narrow character regexes, wide character
> versions are a different
> matter as the necessary platform support is often
> missing on *nix type
> systems).

Actually what I need boost_regex for is going to
primarily involve wide characters.. for example, I'm
not sure how the syntax would be if I am trying to
refer to a unicode character.

> Can you conduct the following tests for me please?

sure..

---
907 lines, 658 tests completed in file tests.txt
no errors detected
---
> which will build and test the lib with g++, if that
> works then you have a
> working .a file.
Yeah, I was able to work it out. I got my program to
compile/run with it.
So far I am confused about:
1. Syntax of unicode characters in regular expression
   a. do I put the character as is, retaining regular
syntax
   b. can I refer to it using a sepcial syntax? \xfeff
? something
       like that?
2. cmatch .. when you have something like:
cmatch what;
str = "some string"
regex express("(\\S\\S)([Ayw])(\\S)");
if (regex_match(str, what, express))
  cout << what[0].first << endl;
else
  cout << "No match!\n";
Even after reading the documentation on the second
argument to regex_match, I didn't quite understand it.
Thanks.