From: Lars Gullik Bjønnes (larsbj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-05 10:02:29

attached mail follows:

I recently tried to introduce boost::signals in lyx, a switch from
SigC++. So far I have got almost nothing else than complaints that
boost::signals makes the compiles slow, and the binaries larger.
(and that they require exceptions...)

Is this something that can be "fixed" in boost::signals or do we just
have to wait for better compilers?
Less inlining, different internal container/structures etc?

The compiler that causes the most aggravation for us is gcc 2.96 (the
redhat release). Things seem to be a bit better with newer gcc
compilers but they also end up with slow compiles and huge binaries.

btw. I get some of the same complaints with boost::regex.

--
	Lgb

--
	Lgb