From: James Curran (jamescurran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-06 12:49:53

(I couldn't find any mention of this in the archives, so I'm guess it
hasn't been brought up before... I also earlier posted this via the
newsgroup interface, that that copy seems to have been lost, or
rejected)

Has anyone given any thought to Boost.org joining Amazon.com's affiliate
program? Since we already list several recommended books on the
bibliography page, and, in fact have one book already about a Boost
library plus another one upcoming, it would seem only natural.

It would just involve filling out an online form on Amazon's site, and
then putting links from the mention of the books here, to their page at
Amazon.

The upshot of all this, is that if someone follows the link from
Boost.org to Amazon and buys a book, Boost get a commission (5%, which
considering the cost of tech books, is about $2.50 each), which should
go a small way to off-setting the cost of running the website, which I
assume is coming out of someone's (Beaman's?) pocket.