From: joel de guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-06 13:08:25

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Young" :

> A while back there was talk about am merger between Phoenix and Boost
> Lambda Library. Has there been progress on that front?
>
> A coworker of mine is looking is looking at FC++ and I am trying to lean
> him towards Boost/Phoenix.

Hi,

If you look at the latest LL code, Jaakko has already implemented
some phoenixisms such as the control structures, closures. I've not
been active last month but prior to that, I've been in constant
communication with him. LL and Phoenix are really close to each
other structurally.

* Dropping strict arity
* making lambda_functors inherit from its template parameter, instead
of a fixed template and rerouting type deduction via FC++ style sigs.
* actors/lambda_functor templates as an interface contract

In addition, I think Jaakko has even implemented the phoenix style
local variables and local-functions(?).

I am still working on Phoenix on an experimental basis. I've started
porting to VC6 and I wish to explore the more functional (const-no-
side-effects) aspect of the library.

As for LL, I'm sure you'll be seeing more cool stuff from Gary
and Jaakko. As for me, I'll keep on pushing them :-)

Regards,
--Joel