From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-13 05:41:36

From: "Pete Becker" <petebecker_at_[hidden]>

From: "Howard Hinnant" <hinnant_at_[hidden]>

> Yes, I know of Metrowerks customers who use it, and depend on it being a
> packed bit representation.

The real question is: are there customers that use vector<T> in a generic
algorithm and depend on the fact that, when T = bool, they get something
that is radically different from the other vector instantiations?

The problem is not that vector<bool> is useless; the problem is that it
shadows the legitimate vector<bool> instantiation, and there is no way to
get that back. It should be renamed, not deprecated or removed.