From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-19 11:53:26

Thanks a lot for the recent changes. The compile time for the Boost.Python
library incl. tests dropped from almost two hours to just over 8 minutes. This
is fantastic! I am very glad that I can use the Alpha compiler routinely again.

--- Paul Mensonides <pmenso57_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The majority of the time is coming from the multiple levels of repetition.
> If
> and until EDG revamps their preprocessor, there are only a few things that I
> can
> do...

Realistically, we will be stuck with the current EDG preprocessor for a few
years to come. In particular I have my doubts that SGI will update the C++
compiler (EDG 238) any time soon.

Ralf