From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-19 12:38:01

> Thanks a lot for the recent changes. The compile time for the Boost.Python
> library incl. tests dropped from almost two hours to just over 8 minutes. This
> is fantastic! I am very glad that I can use the Alpha compiler routinely
again.

You're welcome. Though 8 minutes is still too long. I'm working on that.

> --- Paul Mensonides <pmenso57_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > The majority of the time is coming from the multiple levels of repetition.
> > If
> > and until EDG revamps their preprocessor, there are only a few things that I
> > can
> > do...
>
> Realistically, we will be stuck with the current EDG preprocessor for a few
> years to come. In particular I have my doubts that SGI will update the C++
> compiler (EDG 238) any time soon.
>
> Ralf

I know. That is why I have some alternative mechanics, such as file-iteration,
on the table. On my computer, which is a paltry 600 MHz P3, it takes me 7
minutes just to preprocess that 'factory.hpp' file. I'm thinking that with file
iteration I can bring that time down to less than 15 seconds.

Paul Mensonides