From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-22 15:14:26

Dear all,

first of I would like to vote for accepting the ublas library into boost.

My experience is based on over 6 month using the dense matrices of ublas
in my main project. It was easy to switch from my home made
matrix class to ublas.

Personally I'd like to have the following changes to ublas

1) A member function that gives a pointer for the raw data in stead of
having to write & Matrix(0,0) for IO and interfacing to FORTRAN routines.

2) I still think that swapping of matrices of different sizes should be
allowed. In my opinion it would be fine if matrix_ranges or slices
of a swapped matrix are just undefined.

In addition the relation between MTL and ublas within boost should be
clarified.

Finally I would like to thank Joerg for his nice and fast replies to ublas
questions,
best wishes
Peter