From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-26 08:51:21

"Aleksey Gurtovoy" <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > STL does reduce the amount of code you write quite
> > drastically, and it would be hard to convince me
> > otherwise because I know that from direct and
> > extensive experience. But why compare mpl with stl
> > instead of concretely discussing on mpl as it stands.
>
> May be because there is a direct relationship between these two
libraries?

Obviously the intention is there, and it is a valuable one. However,
the amenities that the C++ language offers are much richer than the
template engine that can be used by compile-time algorithms.

That's why I am saying the following argument doesn't hold: (1) STL is
cool; (2) MPL models STL at compile time; In conclusion, MPL is cool.
This argument can derail the discussion because it makes anyone who
criticizes MPL look like they actually don't like STL.

Andrei