From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-06-28 11:23:27

I'm looking at the short-term performance solution as discussed, providing
bindings to (vendor-tuned) blas for ublas. To test these for performance and
correctness, I've also (locally) defined a small test-program (based on the
benchmark programs) which I plan to extend in the near future. Currently this
test-program is just testing the speed of xgemm operations for different
matrix sizes.

You can find the relevant code at following addresses.

The header containing the bindings:
http://www.si-lab.com/ublas/boost/numeric/ublas/blas.hpp

Added blasbindings sub-project to Jamfile:
http://www.si-lab.com/ublas/libs/numeric/ublas/Jamfile

initialisation of static functions used in blas.hpp:
http://www.si-lab.com/ublas/libs/numeric/ublas/blas.cpp

new sub-project:
http://www.si-lab.com/ublas/libs/numeric/ublas/blasbindings

test-case:
http://www.si-lab.com/ublas/libs/numeric/ublas/blasbindings/main.hpp
http://www.si-lab.com/ublas/libs/numeric/ublas/blasbindings/main.cpp

(Joerg, maybe it's interesting to add this on the matrix_development branch
or I can continue working on this via the sandbox ?)

toon