From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-02 10:22:54

From: "Lars Gullik Bjønnes" <larsbj_at_[hidden]>

> Sometimes, yes. If nothing more than to say that the patch looks ok,
> but that I have to get in contact with the library maintainer to get
> it included.

I think that has to be up to Bjorn.

> | compile warnings is not a library -- did you send this information
about a
> | particular lib?
>
> Sometime just in a larger patch that "fixes" all the compiler warnings
> I get.

I think I remember receiving some of those, and I remember that we asked
you to submit separate smaller per-library patches. There's nobody who is
able to digest a whole-boost patch set.

> >> Yes, how?
> >
> | I suggested you ask *yourself* <.5 wink>
>
> I am kindo on the wrong side of the fence...
> But if you see a way to require me to behave in a certain way to get
> fast responses, please do tell.

Sorry, I'll try again: I'm suggesting that you consider what can be done to
get better responses *for everyone*, and then you help to implement that.

> | That was easy. Unfortunately, Jens has become so busy in the past year
that
> | he almost never posts here anymore, so that may explain why nobody
> | responded earlier. Perhaps you would like to take over maintenance of
> | limits.hpp (if Jens agrees)?
>
> I am not really the right person for this... I have too little time to
> maintain what I maintain already (www.lyx.org).

I know the feeling.... Cool project, BTW. Do you know ReStructuredText?

> | I think you should be more forgiving of such minor incoveniences,
> | especially from an all-volunteer organization, and most especially when
> | we're already taking steps to address the issue (by appointing a
> | maintenance wizard).
>
> I am pretty forgiving... I _am_ a maintainer for a all-volunteer
> project already so I get the same bickering that you have got from me
> now... (and no, I do not like it either).

Strange that you should bring it to us in that form, then.

-Dave