From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-04 13:23:05

"Aleksey Gurtovoy" <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]
> FYI, I just started working on converting all type_traits templates to
> MPL's metafunction model, so you can do 'is_empty<T>::type' (as well
> as 'is_empty<T>::value', of course). I am going to check the refactoring
> into the CVS mpl_v2 branch later today.

That's awesome!!! I started doing something like that, but will now
stop wasting my time.

> [Elsewhere...]
> It does not work with Borland. Haven't tested with anything else.

That's not awesome. :( However, even if only the type_traits stuff works
with bcc, I will be happy (for now). Are there fundamental problems that
prevent MPL from working with bcc, or did you just not want to bother
with trying to make it work? I have a feeling it can be made to work, but
might just take a lot of effort.

Dave