From: Greg Comeau (comeau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-06 12:21:24
Some feedback: I skimmed this newsgroup going back a few months, and
saw a few Comeau C++ discussions I wasn't clear about, and don't know
if they are still of significance. On the chance that they are, if I may:
* --long_long ... looked like something may have been set up wrong.
If this is still an issue, we can look at it anew so I can understand
* __int64: I wasn't sure what the issue was here
* As of 4.3.0, __NO_LONG_LONG is set if --long_long is not requested
* Some discussion occurred about windows.h, but I'm not sure why that
has any significance to Boost (after all, Boost runs on non-Windows
* Most all versions of 4.3.0 beta were setting _MSC_VER to 1, in all modes.
Giovanni pointed this out, since previously this was only done in
strict_mode. This was added as an interim crutch while adding the other
new backends that are now supported, and setting _MSC_VER to 1 in
non-strict mode has now been removed, after verifying that all out tests
are able to run w/o it.
-- Greg Comeau 4.3.0 NEWS: New Windows Backends + 'export' IN JUNE! Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==> http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout World Class Compilers: Breathtaking C++, Amazing C99, Fabulous C90. Comeau C/C++ with Dinkumware's Libraries... Have you tried it?
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk