From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-07 05:43:13

> >Because there are some libraries that need access to platform specific
> >APIs. For example, to access the files or the timer. The problem is
> >still unsolved here: Comeau in strict mode can't be seen as a
> >fully-compliant Windows platform (because e.g. windows.h doesn't
> >compile in strict mode). On the other hand, under Windows we don't
> >have support for POSIX or similar. So currently, for instance,
> >there is no way Comeau (strict mode) can pass the Boost.Regex
> >regression test.
>
> Doesn't that mean no compiler can either then?

Possibly: there are some boost libs that need either <windows.h> or some
POSIX specific API's. I think regex should be configurable to use neither
if necessary now, but obviously things like the thread lib won't be able to
do that.

You are probably right that this is not your problem though.

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm