From: Greg Comeau (comeau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-07 10:41:01

In article <004701c225a3$a5e76ee0$844587d9_at_1016031671>,
John Maddock <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> It's almost ok. Latest comeau.hpp still misses the following lines:
>>
>> # if !defined(__EXCEPTIONS)
>> # define BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS
>> # endif
>>
>> # if !defined(__NO_LONG_LONG)
>> # define BOOST_HAS_LONG_LONG
>> # endif
>>
>> Maybe John Maddock can officially check in this little change.
>
>Done, but they've been added to common_edg.hpp given that these
>are EDG wide macros.

Ok, so I'll guess that comeau.hpp is "required" to include common_edg.hpp?
Hmmm, let's see... Ok, yes.

>Just one check though: has the EDG front end always supported
>__EXCEPTIONS ? If the answer is "no" then we need a version check to prevent
>BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS being unconditionally defined on older EDG versions.

For as long as I can remember __EXCEPTIONS is set when --exceptions
is set (whether implicitly or explicitly).

Of course though, a particular vendors is free to ignore this
and/or change that name to something else.

On this note, be careful with common_edg.hpp (although there is
not much in it) because probably many vendors toss __EDG_VERSION__
(I think I had done so very early on).

--
Greg Comeau       4.3.0 NEWS: New Windows Backends + 'export' IN July!
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>     http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout