From: Greg Comeau (comeau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-07 10:54:53

I see there are some issues about Comeau strict mode,
so I'll offer this, and perhaps it can be of some help:

__cplusplus is set to 1 in microsoft mode (or cfront mode),
            otherwise it is set to 199711L

c_plusplus is set to 1 in "relaxed" mode (== non-strict, non-microsoft mode)
           otherwise not set

_MSC_VER is set to 1 in strict mode, to "some value" in microsoft mode
         and not set in relaxed mode

_MSC_EXTENSIONS is set to 1 in microsoft mode, otherwise not set

Hope I got that right.

--
Greg Comeau       4.3.0 NEWS: New Windows Backends + 'export' IN July!
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>     http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout