From: Greg Comeau (comeau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-09 21:30:34

In article <4.3.2.7.2.20020708151045.00b87900_at_[hidden]>,
Beman Dawes <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>The filesystem library in the sandbox is an example of that.
>
>If BOOST_WINDOWS is defined (I'm just doing that on the command line, not
>via the Boost config system) the windows.h API is used.
>
>If BOOST_POSIX is defined (again, I'm doing that manually), the direct.h
>and similar POSIX headers are used.
>
>Several Win32 compilers supply both windows.h and the POSIX headers, so for
>these compilers either flavor works. I'm giving a #error if neither is
>defined.

It seems certain I'll be mucking about here, sooner or later,
so I'll keep this is mind, especially as I consider possible
integration of the new C backends, which seem like they'll use
a mixture of these choices.

--
Greg Comeau       4.3.0 NEWS: New Windows Backends + 'export' IN July!
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>     http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout