From: Alex Rosenberg (alexr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-10 04:23:50

on 7/7/02 11:18 PM, Paul A. Bristow at boost_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Some time ago I started what became a long discussion about the presentation
> of math constants, like pi.

It would be best to offer up a constant for pi that "matches" the one used
in the provided transcendental functions (sin, cos, etc.)

At least, that was the rational behind the presence of "extern double_t pi"
in Apple's fp.h header. It is then imported from the same dynamically-linked
library that provides the transcendentals.

I'm told that this was the cause of some of the more popular result
discrepancies that happened with Motorola's "libmoto" library that purported
to speed up these functions.

| Alexander M. Rosenberg <mailto:alexr@_spies.com> |
| Nobody cares what I say. Remove the underscore to mail me. |