From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-11 04:22:38

You are not the only one to suggest this,
but it was definitely rejected in previous discussions.

Briefly, it doesn't always give the best answer,
and it is costly at run-time,
requires acos (embedded builders especially won't need or want it).

I recommend reading the documentation for more rationale.

Paul

PS there are of course dozens of other constants.
Pi is only a simple example - a prototype for others.