From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-11 14:49:18

From: "Gennadiy Rozental" <rogeeff_at_[hidden]>

> I am trying to compile config_test that require multi-threading. To do so
> compiled test library with this definition:
>
> lib test_exec_monitor : #sources
> : #requirenments
> : debug <threading>single/multi
>
> bjam successfully compiled both subvariants of library.
>
> Now I am compiling the test defined in Jamfile like this:
> run libs/config/test/config_test.cpp
> <lib>../libs/test/build/test_exec_monitor
> : #args
> : #input-files
> : #requirements
> <threading>multi
>
> And here bjam responce:
> <libs!test!build>libtest_exec_monitor.a: required property
<threading>single
> incompatible with <threading>multi
>
> What I did wrong?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm going to let Rene handle this part, but it seems like a bug

> Gennadiy.
>
> P.S. BTW in my first attempt to make bjam to build 2 version
(single/multi
> threaded) of the library, I according to docs put in default -BUILD
section
> of lib rule debug<threading>single/multi. bjam did not seems like it this
> way. Did I misinterpret the docs?

Yes. Spaces are significant, so you need
    debug <threading>single/multi

Maybe you meant:

    <debug><threading>single/multi

which says that the debug build should be built in single- and multi-
threaded versions.

    debug <threading>single/multi

means that you should only build a debug build by default (this is
redundant, since that's the default anyway) in single and multithreaded
subvariants.