From: Neal D. Becker (nbecker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-11 15:20:41

I know there was some discussion about logging, but I don't know if
anything came of it. I just want something simple, and I wonder if
anyone has a suggestion.

I want to be able to generate test vectors from my code by defining an
appropriate preprocessor symbol, without seriously uglifying my code.
The test vector generation would not be used in production code, and
would output internal states not normally visible.

I'm thinking something like:

DEBUG (TEST, STREAM, EXPRESSION)

where TEST is a #defined symbol, STREAM is an ostream, and expression
is I'm not sure what (I don't think cpp can actually do a general
expression here).