From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-13 06:15:18

> I'd like to suggest two things:
>
> 1. A boost config macro we can use to detect this condition

I'm not against that, but I worry that implementing the 64-bit integer
specializations is necessarily compiler/standard lib specific. Another
option I guess would be to put this code within the standard lib config,
however that would mean that <boost/config.hpp> would more or less always
pull in <limits> which may not be such a good thing.

> 2. the implementation details used to implement std::numeric_limits<> in
> boost/detail/limits.hpp should stop using names reserved to the C++
> implementation and instead be moved to namespace boost::detail in a
> separate file. Then boost/limits.hpp could generate the missing
definitions
> for the appropriate compilers.

Yes, we shouldn't really put anything in std::

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm