From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-15 11:31:15

From: Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>

> It might be better to represent toolset as an attribute of test-log. I'm
> still trying to get a feel for what is best represented by an attribute
> rather than an element.

There is only personal sensibility that drives this choice, all other things
being equal. IIRC, there is nothing the choice between attribute and child
element affects but syntax. That is, XSLT can do the same things with an
attribute as with an element, wrt filtering, selecting, etc.

Obviously, if the entity contains children, it must be an element. If it must
contain PCDATA, then it must be an element. IOW, content is the bigger
determinant than format or transformation.