From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-16 13:04:23

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Maddock" <john_maddock_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] Comeau + regex woes

> > // No basic_streambuf<> specialization for wchar_t, needed for Regex
> > #define BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING
>
> That seems a bit drastic, since I presume it does have a std::wstring,
just
> no wide character streams. What actually fails if you don't set this, the
> lib build (if so which bit)? Or the test program?

cpp_regex_traits.cpp has a specialization called message_data<wchar_t>,
which contains a parser_buf<wchar_t>, which derives from
basic_streambuf<wchar_t>, that doesn't exist in libcomo. Actually, an
implicit specialization is built by the compiler for the template, but it
misses some memebers required by the standard, like gptr().

I understand that the patch is too drastic, but it was the best
non-intrusive solution I came up with. Either that, or we can introduce a
new BOOST_NO_STD_WSTREAMBUF (or at least REGEX_NO_STD_WSTREAMBUF). Do you
see better solutions?

Giovanni Bajo