From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-16 13:11:22

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Maddock" <john_maddock_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] Comeau + regex woes

> I agree looks like the como toolset file needs fixing. What
> about --one_instantiation_per_object, would that fix the problem?

In my understanding, it's the same of -tlocal, which I'm already using.
The whole issue seems to be that we need to force Comeau to do a full
template instantiation closure before building the library, because the
prelinker can't work with a library (for now at least). And the only
solution is to make sure that the instantiations use unique names, because
otherwise if the same instantiations are used in the user code, a name
clashing happens at link-time. This is also the reason why the explicit
instanciations in instances.hpp don't work with Comeau: without the library,
the Comeau prelinker would take care of that, taking note that those
instances are contained in instances.cpp and avoiding duplications. But with
the library, the prelinker doesn't work (it doesn't have informations about
the symbols in the library) and the routines get duplicated.

Giovanni Bajo