From: Ron Garcia (garcia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-19 20:40:35
Some comments (so far), based on the mpl_18_jul_02 archive:
The MPL paper:
- Abstract: What's a function class? The abstract should avoid
- Occasional grammatical errors throughout the paper.
- The use of the lambda placeholder _1 does not express which
namespace it is located in. I would like to see at least the first
example provide a using statement.
- The example in 2.3.4 of implementing "largest" using the mpl has a
bug. The metafunction call inside "largest" needs an extra '::type' to
dereference the typelist iterator to return the max_element's type.
- Documentation for Trivial_Iterator is missing.
- Missing reference documentation:
# Lambda Facility
# Value Types
- No Test Cases For:
- While 'fold' is a synonym for std::accumulate in the functional
world, why not call it 'accumulate'? This would better retain the STL
analogy argued for by the library documentation.
- 'iter_fold' seems like it could use a more descriptive name.
(*) - are 'arg' and 'arity' implementation details?
(**) - as the heart of many other algorithms, perhaps iter_fold does not
need its own independent testcase?
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk