From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-20 15:19:14

From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>

> As has been discussed many times in the past, the C++ standard provides
> #include <...> for "headers" (which are only well-defined in the standard
> for the standard library),

Well I don't think that's true at all. Headers are well defined by the
standard - they're the things you include with #include <...>. :-)

What form those things are, and how they are found is left for the
implementation to define, but I don't think there is anything that
suggests the standard wishes to preclude user headers. On the contrary,
it uses the phrase "standard library headers" in several places which
tends to imply there must be some other kind of header.

Since source file inclusion with "" is equally implementation defined,
and using <> hasn't caused any problem with any implementations AFAIK,
why change?

BTW, if we're going to be picky, does the standard allow boost/ and .hpp?
I don't really understand what 16.2/5 is trying to say, but perhaps to be
safe we should restrict ourselves to nondigits followed by dot and a
*single* nondigit. ;-)

Mark