From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-20 08:30:51

As has been discussed many times in the past, the C++ standard provides
#include <...> for "headers" (which are only well-defined in the standard
for the standard library), and #include "..." for "source files" (which
includes the Boost header files). See section 16.2.

For historical reasons relating to problem compilers, Boost code has always
used <boost/...> instead of "boost/...", and thus relies on
implementation-defined behavior (16.2/2).

The historical reasons no longer apply. Should we being to transition
Boost code to the more correct #include "boost/..." form?

My personal feeling is that, yes, we should begin a gradual transition. New
code should begin to use the #include "boost/..." form. Existing code
should be modified over time, particularly when other changes are being
made that will force recompilation anyhow.

Comments?

--Beman