From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-23 10:49:12

At 11:16 AM 7/23/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

>> A beta has been posted at http://www.esva.net/~beman/jam_regr.html
>>
>> It only covers three compilers, but should be enough to get the flavor.
>>
>> Comments and suggestions appreciated.
>
>Nice!
>
>Some other things I'd like to see, when you get time:
>
>1. More navigational sugar. It should be possible to see the status of
all
>libraries somehow, then "drill down" to individual test results within a
>library -- we have too many tests to get a sense of things otherwise.

Yes, that would be very helpful. Fairly easy to implement, too. But there
are a few higher priority tasks to finish, first.

>2. A view which sorts tests by some measure of the failure rate, so that
we
>can see something about which tests are failing.

You mean like compute the percent of tests failing for a library, and then
sort on that?

>3. A view which shows only the changes since some earlier snapshot of the
>test XML, so we can easily make sure we're not breaking something new and
>we've fixed the parts we intended to.

Yes, that is definitively on my wish list. The XML is persistent, so it is
easy to keep track of past state. The trick is to only keep track as of
certain points in time, like maybe "last release", "last week",
"yesterday", "prior". I'm still trying to work that out.

Thanks for the comments,

--Beman