From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-24 12:16:07

> > $(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/.../test/Jamfile
> >
> > How's that?
>
> If you mean $(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/**/test/Jamfile where '**' means any
> directory sub-tree (stolen from Ant syntax), then yeah, that looks good to

What subtree did you mean? Is it different from library name?

> me. This would be something that would match the (informal?) directory
> structure we've discussed for Boost time and again.
>
> Bill Kempf

FWIW, we should look for:
1. $(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/<lib-name>/test/Jamfile
if is missing (for odl pre-convention libs like any)
2. $(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/<lib-name>/Jamfile

This Jamfile may define all test targets itself or it could include other
Jamfiles. For example for gdtl
$(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/gdtl/test/Jamfile should include
$(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/gdtl/gregorian/test/Jamfile and

$(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/gdtl/posix_time/test/Jamfile

In general we should strive to keep all testing under <lib-name>/test
subdirectory; all build rules under <lib-name>/build all docs under
<lib-name>/docs. IOW I would prefer if gdtl testing structure would look
like
$(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/gdtl/test
$(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/gdtl/test/gregorian
$(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/gdtl/test/posix_time

Even if library subcomponent are completely independent I would prefer still
stick to per-library based building/testing/documenting and so on.

Gennadiy.