From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-25 16:01:56

Te announcement below does not fulfill the charter of the newsgroup.
However, the described event being the most prominent C++ seminar, I believe
it might be of interest to some Boosters.

-------------------

Announcement: The Third Edition of The C++ Seminar: 3 days with 5 experts
Portland, OR, October 28-30
http://www.thecppseminar.com

Following the resounding success of the first two instances of The C++
Seminar, we are glad to announce that registration is now opened for the
third edition. The event will be held in Vancouver, WA (right across the
river from Portland, OR) during October 28-30.

The C++ Seminar is an event that brings together five of the best experts in
C++ worldwide (Scott Meyers, Herb Sutter, Dan Saks, Steve Dewhurst, and
Andrei Alexandrescu), with the best, coolest, and most astute C++ developers
(you).

This intense three-day training event features talks on all aspects of
software development using C++, intensely debated panels, and - last but
definitely not least - direct interaction with the five masters. We are
adamant in our decision to offer each attendee a fair share of our direct
attention, so we decided to keep maximum attendance at under 100, in spite
of requests to double it.

The broad range of domains covered by the five of us, the quality of talks,
and the chemistry of the five speakers, makes The C++ Seminar a truly
special event from all standpoints - technical, motivational, and
inspirational. We set out to provide simply the best C++ training out there,
and if we were to believe our attendees' comments, we are doing it!

We hope to see you in Portland soon. For more information about The C++
Seminar, detailed programme, and online registration, go to
http://www.thecppseminar.com. We encourage you to register early - not only
do we offer early bird and team discounts, but if past performance is an
indicator, the 95 seats are filling as you're reading this. 94... 93...

Scott Meyers
Herb Sutter
Dan Saks
Steve Dewhurst