From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippeb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-27 02:45:22

Ok. I've concluded that no one replies when it's not perfect. Since C++
developers are perfectionists, I rewrote my previous pointer proposal to
respect proper type checking most importantly. The syntax is a _little_ bit
more complex but it depends on your opinions. Here is what statements looks
like now:

squad_ptr<parent> p = new (new (ref) child("John", "McInnis")) xmm;

With macro usage it _could_ be simplified again but I personnaly think it
looks better this way. There is no more 'child' redundancy, 'ref' can be
replaced by 'gc' when garbage collection is wanted and is easier to
integrate into your policies. 'xmm' stand for eXtended Memory Management.
Again, efficienty cannot be better.

Is syntax rather simple in your opinions?

Philippe A. Bouchard