From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-07-29 13:03:30

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, David Abrahams wrote:
dave>
dave> Yeah, I understand, but dynamic_bitset doesn't really come close to
dave> modeling a numeric type. I don't think crippling its usefulness as a set
dave> (OK I'm being extreme here) is worth it.
dave>
dave> In fact, it's really the other way around: the existence of bitwise
dave> operators means that the built-in integers sort-of model sets in a
dave> half-arsed way.
dave>
dave> Someone should implement dynamic_bigint. Until then, dynamic_bitset should
dave> be a great set rather than a wimpy one ;-)

Yeah, despite my playing devil's advocate, I agree.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-3608