From: David Bergman (davidb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-06 07:21:11

Should not axiom2 be a Corollary of axiom1...

Even though life is indeed dangerous, and quite chaotic, in many
aspects, we can here (in the world of formalization) enjoy the luxury of
defining the rules ourselves. So, why should we strive to copy that
unpredictability?

I.e., it is not certain that the Laws of Life, or postulates of life's
conditions, are applicable to formal languages.

The "inevitable danger" will most likely arise in the dynamics of
program execution anyhow, without us adding to that in the "static"
rules of languages and libraries.

I definitely believe that keeping the "inherent" danger of our
constructs at a low level is a positive factor. The Users (i.e.,
programmers) can always experience the Danger of Life by clever pointer
arithmetic, if they start to conceive the formal world of programming to
dull; no need for us to help there...

/David