From: Gabriel Dos Reis (gdr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-07 09:24:14

"Philippe A. Bouchard" <philippeb_at_[hidden]> writes:

| > Try reading the LGPL carefully, the requirement for binary relinking by
| the
| > user is the key contention point. How do you relink templates?

This is one of the key points why the GNU libstc++ V3 does not use LGPL.

| I'm no lawyer but maybe the 'export' keyword can draw the line for template
| librairies.

When it comes to legal issues, I think it is risky for a company to
base its copyrights on speculations about what export may provide. A
"cp template-source-file.C implementation-defined/repository.C"
may be conformant (modulo name lookup issues).

-- Gaby