From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippeb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-07 09:10:37

> >Who will defend you in court?
>
> Don't need anyone... I just don't use LGPL _source code_ in my commercial
> programs. Companies I've worked for in the past and friends who have also
> encountered the issue have consulted the respective law professionals.

What about people who don't have enough money to defend themselves?

> Try reading the LGPL carefully, the requirement for binary relinking by
the
> user is the key contention point. How do you relink templates?

I'm no lawyer but maybe the 'export' keyword can draw the line for template
librairies.

> But if you don't believe me do a google search on the subject.
>
> But I should ask... Why do you feel more secure with the LGPL?

Because it is already used with small groups of developers like KDE (it's
funny though that SGI, QT, libg++ are simply not using it).

Philippe A. Bouchard