From: Iain K.Hanson (iain.hanson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-07 10:36:40

----- Original Message -----
From: William E. Kempf
Sent: 07 August 2002 15:35
To: boost_at_[hidden]
Subject: Re: [boost] Re: Re: Threads & Exceptions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Victor A. Wagner, Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 4:39 AM

>> I see an "unreported exception" just like any other resource leak.
>> we don't terminate processes because somebody forgets to do a delete[]
>> what's so "magic" about an exception?

>The C++ standard explicitly defines the behavior here. I suppose that's
the
>"magic" you're referring to.

I read this as a request for the standard to be changed to accomadate MT and
therefore an uncaught exception on an unjoined thread could result in thread
death not process termination. Maybe by calling thread_terminate( ).

/ikh

We have moved! We are now at:

CPC1 Telephone: +44 (0) 1223 219000
Capital Park Fax: +44 (0) 1223 219099
Fulbourn
Cambridge CB1 5XE
United Kingdom
This e-mail and the information it contains are
confidential and may be privileged. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify us
immediately. You should not copy it for any purpose, or
disclose its contents to any other person. All emails
to and from ip.access may be monitored and stored for
audit and other legal reasons.