From: William E. Kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-07 11:05:21

----- Original Message -----
From: "Iain K.Hanson" <iain.hanson_at_[hidden]>
> I read this as a request for the standard to be changed to accomadate MT
and
> therefore an uncaught exception on an unjoined thread could result in
thread
> death not process termination. Maybe by calling thread_terminate( ).

Possibly. Ignoring the issues of the main thread, this is behavior that
could be trivially implemented in Boost.Threads (in fact, that's the way it
works today because of a bug). However, this allows exceptions to be "lost"
with no way for the program to detect them. I think it's much more
appropriate for this to result in a call to terminate(), which removes the
issues of the main thread being different, and requires no language changes
to support this.

Bill Kempf