From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-07 22:09:03

[2002-08-07] Beman Dawes wrote:

>At 05:51 PM 8/7/2002, Douglas Gregor wrote:
>
> >I've managed to shrink the file size down to something more reasonable (<
>
> >200KB). If you're still interested in checking it out, it's at the same
> >place:
> > http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~gregod/hdr_depend/index.html
>
>Definitely, 100%, cool!

The JaveScript tree always generates an infinite loop in my browser :-(

>But the effect it has is to make me even surer we are barking up the wrong
>tree when we concentrate on headers.
[snip]

What your are suggesting is that we deduce library dependencies from the
header dependencies?

Is the structure in boost sufficiently static at this point to make use of
or enforce something like this:

* Things of the form "boost/*.hpp" are Boost.Base (if we had such a thing).
* That things of the form "boost/<subdir>/*.hpp... are in their respective
Boost.<Library>.

If that where true then building a dependency graph at the library level is
possible from the headers themselves.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq - Grafik666_at_AIM - Grafik_at_[hidden]