From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-08 08:42:47

At 08:10 AM 8/8/2002, Neal D. Becker wrote:

> [...]

Beman> Originally, I just used a gcc switch that generates dependencies.
Beman> I had to abandon that because what a build system considers
Beman> dependencies and what a reporting system considers dependencies
Beman> aren't exactly the same thing.

>Could you elaborate on what is the difference here?

I'm sorry, but it was a couple of years ago and I don't remember the exact
details. I have a vague memory of the issue being #includes inside of
#if's. If the #if is false, the compiler didn't consider the #include a
dependency, but the report system does consider it. Or something like that.

--Beman