From: Iain K.Hanson (iain.hanson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-08 12:58:07

>Comments welcome.

>Cheers, Jaakko & Jeremy

Thanks to Jaakko and Beman for the pointers to the sandbox. I've now managed
to have a look at this.

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly, but it looks to me that you
could instanciate the following types of car:

car< red, blue, black, red > my_very_strange_car;

This does not seem very desireable. Also, shouldn't the
named_parameter_exctractor use is_named_parameter to check that a user
supplied parameter is a named parameter.

I don't understand why the class discriminator needs to virtually inherit?
As far as I can see, even if the user instanciated car with duplicate types
or the implementer of car used duplicate types, the recursive feature
selector will always provide a different integer value.

You can't do GenVoca layering with it to create communicating policies, and
you can't use a parameter to inject a member function into the class. It is
also going to require an instance variable for each
named_template_parameter.

Personally found it less intuative than the 'C & E' named template
parameters and it seems to be at least as verbose.

Sorry if this sounds negative. I would realy like an NTP library, but I
would need it to provide a little more than this.

/ikh