From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-09 10:21:57

At 06:10 AM 8/9/2002, Vladimir Prus wrote:

>Looking at the filesystem lib docs (CVS state) I notice that docs for
>file_path and directory_path methods actually give synopsis for
>"generic_path".

Fixed in the sandbox CVS.

> Also, there's no documented difference between those two
>methods -- I guess only one is meaningfull for any given path?

Yes, normally. I can't think of a case where that isn't correct, although
maybe if you were using the path relative to other paths you could come up
with a contrived example of where both were meaningful.

I added a "Representation example" which illustrates the differences
between generic_path(), directory_path(), and file_path() returns.

Thanks,

--Beman