From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-08-10 08:37:04

Gennadiy's Boost.Test unit_test_development branch is ready, and I was
about to "merge" it into the main CVS trunk.

But a "merge" isn't the right CVS operation. We don't want the contents of
files in the unit_test_development branch to be merged with the contests of
the corresponding files in the main trunk.

Instead, we want the unit_test_development files to replace the
corresponding files in the main trunk.

What is the best way to do this with CVS? Better yet, with WinCVS?

The only way I could figure out was to update my working copy to the
branch, copy all the files somewhere CVS doesn't know about, update to the
main truck, copy the files back, and then commit as if they were changes or
additions. There must be an easier way, but the books and manuals are
silent.

TIA,

--Beman